The sheer attention to detail and quality precision that has been put into this 2000-built custom handcrafted log home on 25+ acres is evident upon first glance and continues throughout every inch of the 4700 square foot executive lodge. The structure itself is the culmination of 8 custom timber frame trusses, hand-peeled Douglas Fir building logs, and custom solid wood doors and windows. Inside, an open-concept main floor boasts expansive vaulted ceilings and picture windows. The large kitchen has been outfitted with abundant wood cabinetry, a built-in Heartland wall oven, and custom island with casual dining space. For more formal gatherings, the dining area for 10-12 guests awaits, and the adjacent living area offers a professionally-built natural rock wood-burning fireplace from floor to ceiling. Multiple sets of French doorways lead out to the wrap-around stamped concrete deck, adorned with log deck railing and custom stairway with landing to lawn area. Above the main floor, the private loft contains the master bedroom retreat, a spa-like ensuite bathroom, romantic balcony overlooking Mara Lake, and a bonus room with large separate closet. Four additional bedrooms exist in the main house, between the main floor and finished walkout daylight basement. This space with a separate entrance contains a massive rec room with custom European-built wood-burning fireplace and full bathroom. A private covered concrete deck area is accessible from this level. Aside from the main home, a separate log cabin offers its own kitchen and living area, the ideal caretaker’s cottage. Finally, connected to the home by a character log breezeway, a custom log double car garage contains a loft area for storage, built-in shelving, and work benches. Whether you are searching for a new home or a fabulous recreational retreat, this ideally-located estate boasts an ideal location close to transportation, hiking, fishing, horseback riding, and golf courses.
- 4700 Square foot professionally-built custom log home.
- Separate mud room entrance.
- Large kitchen with abundant cabinetry and built-in Heartwood wall oven.
- Spacious dining room for 10-12 people.
- Living room with floor to ceiling Natural Rock wood-burning fireplace.
- Loft area above the main floor with master suite, private balcony, full ensuite bathroom with jetted tub, bonus room with closet and open loft sitting area.
- Four additional bedrooms between main floor and finished basement.
- Walkout daylight basement with large rec room.
- European built wood-burning fireplace in basement rec room.
- Hydronic heating throughout main house and garage.
- 25+ mostly flat and very private acres located within the neighborhood of Mara, BC.
- Fruitful property with abundant wildlife (deer, moose, bear, wolves, coyotes, birds).
- Adjacent to crown land with access to logging road leading to Hunters Range and Owlshead Chalets for renowned snowmobiling and trails for dirtbiking, hiking, and more).
- Minutes from Mara Lake Provincial Park Beach, close to multiple golf courses, and local schools.
- Extra Large custom log gate upon entry.
- Breathtaking views of Mountains, Mara Lake, Rosemond Lake, and Shuswap River.
- Beautifully-landscaped with large, flat lawn for easy-maintenance, fruit trees, garden areas, and rock beds.
- Landscaping irrigation system installed.
- Two separate circular driveways leading to home and garage.
- 200 yard private shooting range on property.
- Additional 220 power in place for future outbuildings.
- Wrap-around stamped concrete wrap-around deck with log railings and custom T-shaped stairway with landing to yard.
- Covered patio accessible via the walkout basement level.
- Detached professionally-built custom log double garage with built-in shelving and work benches.
- Character log breezeway connecting home and garage.
- Huge handcrafted log storage shed for firewood and boat/RV with fenced dog kennel and loft area for additional storage.
- Log cabin with living and kitchen areas, ideal for a caretaker’s residence.
- Endless possibilities surround this 25+ acre property.
- Would make an ideal recreational retreat, family lodge or B&B.
- Salmon Arm municipal airport is 25 minutes way and Kelowna International Airport is 75 minutes away.
- Abundant one-of-a kind finishes, from character logs, totem pole, to hand-carved front door and custom log picnic table.
For a private viewing of this possibility-filled custom log home filled with character, call the Salt Fowler Team today at 250-549-SALT (7258) and "Just Add Salt"!