This private 160-acre farm boasts a rare and unique balance of fertile bottom land for hay or other crop production, and southwest facing sloped benches that offer full sun exposure which is optimal for fruit growing. One of the first Commercial orchards in the Okanagan was planted on this property in 1896. The remaining land base consists of fenced pastures and forested areas for animal grazing. There are three fully irrigated hay fields capable of producing 4 crops a year. The farm has a mature vineyard with enough space to easily plant an additional 30 acres with cherries, apples, or more grapes. An existing on-site wine shop and close highway access make it ideal for starting a winery. Approximately 20 acres on the back side are well suited for blueberry production and it sits adjacent to an existing blueberry farm. Two high capacity irrigation wells are capable of providing an abundant water supply to all the hay fields and vineyards. An insulated workshop, horse barn, and large hay shed complete the existing outbuildings. A boat launch at the end of the driveway offers easy access to the Shuswap River and Lake. The home itself boasts 4300 square feet of updated and thoughtfully-appointed spaces including an impressive foyer and inviting living room with breathtaking views. An expansive master suite feels airy with private balcony access and an ensuite bathroom. Three additional bedrooms are perfect for family and guests. Lastly, a large rec room and sun room are great for entertaining. This is a large, diverse property that must be walked to fully appreciate its natural beauty and agricultural potential.
- 160-acre estate in North Okanagan located less than 1 km from Hwy 97.
- Fertile bottom land for hay and crop production
- Southwest facing sloped benches with full sun exposure for optimal fruit growth.
- Approximately 20 acres on the back side are well suited for blueberry production.
- Fenced pastures and forested areas for animal grazing
- Two high capacity wells for irrigation.
- An insulated workshop, horse barn, and large hay shed complete the existing outbuildings.
- An existing on-site wine shop and close highway access make it ideal for starting a winery
- A boat launch at the end of the driveway offers easy access to the Shuswap River and Lake
- Copious trails and open fields for horseback riding.
- Newer roof put on 5 years ago.
- Natural spring on the rear of the property.
- 4500 square foot home with beautiful updates.
- Welcoming foyer and bright and open living space.
- Spacious kitchen with copious cabinetry and prep space.
- Master suite with private balcony and ensuite bathroom,
- Three additional bedrooms for guests and children alike.
- Handsome sun room, ideal for appreciating the breathtaking surroundings.
- Bonus rec room, perfect for entertaining.
- Large wine cellar, fits over 700 cases.
- Fantastic location 1 km from Hwy 97, first winery that visitors see.
- Unique balance of fertile bottom land for hay or other crop production, and southwest facing sloped benches that offer full sun exposure which is optimal for fruit growing.
For a private viewing of spectacular 160-acre farm, call the Salt Fowler Team today at 250-549-SALT (7258) and "Just Add Salt"!